Mojca Miklavec wrote:

I have another couple of questions about regimes support.

How can synonyms for regimes be defined, so that
\enableregime[windows-1250] would have the same effect as
\enableregime[win-1250] or \enableregime[cp1250]? And
\enableregime[utf8] the same effect as \enableregime[utf].

I don't won't to be discriminating, but \enableregime[windows] is like
writing \enableregime[latin] ("il" in ConTeXt I think) and expecting
the whole world to understand that you mean latin1. In my opinion it
should be left there (for backward compatibility if for nothing else),
but deprecated and given an unambigious name like "windows-1252",
"windows1252", "win-1252", "win1252", "cp1252" or "windows-western".
I'll send you a few lines of code to test