Brooks Moses wrote:

At 01:40 PM 7/19/2005, you wrote:

Brooks Moses wrote:

The other alternative I know of for doing math in XML is embedding bits of LaTeX code within the XML. Since most "conversion to non-PDF formats" involves converting the math to bitmap images anyway (or, at least, any conversion to HTML for the web does!), I don't think that's really complicating things much. It's certainly possible in theory to embed LaTeX-coded equations in ConTeXt, and there's a small bit of comment on this on the Wiki. In practice, it may take a bit of coding to make work, but the amount won't be excessive.

there is a math module (m-math) and a new implementation of that (m-newmat) which does quite some ams math;

It does some, yes, though not (yet) the multiline alignment parts that I need.

ok, so just isolate the code that you want to be included

i have no problem with adding more code but each time i ask for specs, nothing comes up -)

Yeah, I know. The specs for what I need are "I've got this pile of equations written in LaTeX with the AMSmath package, and I'd like to be able to copy them back and forth between LaTeX and ConTeXt without needing to edit them." I'm slowly working on reducing that to something that's actually useful as specifications (and as some code), and I hope to get some of that to you within the next few months or so.

Ok,  maybe we can also make a small manual then -)