Hello again,

finally a follow-up. I have been working on my font installer for the
last few (insert your favourite time period here). It has come to a
state where it is actually usable. Although not very fancy yet.

For those who don't know: it is a set of ruby libraries to create a
font installer as well as some example installers. It can handle a
single font (like afm2tfm) and a font family (like fontinst).

Included in the distribution is a program called afm2tfm.rb. You might
guess that this is meant as a replacement for afm2tfm (comes with
dvips). It can do a bit more than afm2tfm, for example, it can also
handle truetype fonts and keep kerning and ligature information in the
tfm file.

Another program included is 'rfont', a simple installer for font
families (regular, bold, italic, ...). But for that program, I need
some help for implementing ConTeXt font support. LaTeX support is
already working (although very preliminary - I'd appreciate help
there, too).

Prerequisites:

* ruby 1.8  (I guess, I have not tested it with 1.6)
* pltotf, vptovf (come with your TeX distribution)
* ttf2afm (pdftex), if you want to install truetype fonts
* patience (not everything is bug free)
* subversion if you want to stay up to date and can't wait a few hours
  for the nightly snapshot.

This release is dedicated to Mojca and Nikolai (who have to wait for
the changes in texshow-web - I was just too busy with this)

> Here is the project page: https://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/rfil/
>
> and here is the 'home page' of the project:
> https://rfil.groups.foundry.supelec.fr/ (documentation in rdoc format)

There is also a mailinglist at that site. You can find it at the
project page.

Because the upload of the foundry server is not working for me at the
moment, I have put the current cvs snapshot at
<http://levana.de/tmp/rfil-104.tgz>. This will go away soon. You can
always downoad the nightly svn snapshot.

Any kind of feedback is welcome.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net