Brooks Moses wrote:

At 04:28 PM 7/25/2005, you wrote:

Brooks Moses wrote:

I'd particularly appreciate any comments on the \newcommand and counters implementations -- those are in the t-ltcmds and t-ltcnts modules, though \newcommand also depends on t-lterrs and t-ltbase.

i just took a quick look at the code; if you run into tricky definitions, let me know, often there are either already low level macros that do the job, or i can add some stuff;

Thanks! I'll probably have lots of questions as I go along -- this is certainly becoming a tour of the internals of both systems.

btw, i renamed the internal \end macro so that you can get away from stoptext refinitions (too messy)

Yeah, the \stoptext redefinition was one of the first pieces I wrote, nearly a year ago. The reason I was doing the \stoptext redefinition wasn't the internal \end macro (which didn't exist then, I think) -- it was that the ConTeXt version I used then didn't have an \everystoptext hook. But now that it exists, I can just use it.

One other question I have right now: what's a good way to duplicate LaTeX's \vspace macro (which is effectively a \vskip inside), without causing the problems that the ConTeXt manual warns about if we use \vskip?

maybe (a patched version of \godown):

\def\godown[#1]%
 {\ifhmode\endgraf\fi
  \ifvmode\nointerlineskip\vskip#1\relax}