Hans,

I tried:

% redraw line
path q;
q:=pathpart pic;
drawdblarrow q withcolor blue;

But it drew the clipping path. I wanted the part of the path inside the clipping path.

Am I missing something in your directions?

On Aug 7, 2005, at 2:56 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

David Arnold wrote:

This works fine. However, what I need to do is somehow clip the path P to the bounding box, but retain the resulting cutpath in a path variable Q. That is, I need to cut off the parts of the path P that lie outside the bounding box cpath:=(-5,-5)--(5,-5)--(5,5)--(-5,5)--cycle and store the clipped path in the path variable Q. The difficulty is I have no advance knowledge if the path P lies entirely inside the bounding box or if it escapes through one of the sides.

it all depends on what you want to do further on;
- you can do some cutbefore and cutafter trickery, i.e. determine intersectionpoints with the edges of the bbox and do some cutting

- if you just want the path back .. just ask for "pathpart pic"