Adam Duck wrote:

Hello ConTeXters,

my girlfriend writes her dimploma thesis now and I talked her into
using ConTeXt, but now I'm not sure anymore that this was the right
thing to do.  So, the problems are numerous and some of them are:

- how do I set the spacing between a vertical line (between two
 columns) and the text inside that columns?  I already used
 "framedoffest=-3pt", but the output is unacceptable.
- how do I center the whole table?  This one is really crucial: my GF
 also accepts hacks ;).
- why doesn't \splitfloat{\placetable...} work with Natural Tables?
 (They won't get splitted at all, but with tables and linetables it
 works...)
- how do I refer to tables then?

I have chosen Natural Tables because they were the only one that
splitted correctly (tables and linetables let out 2/3 of a page).  So,
that's all for now.
we need small examples showing/solving the problems Hans