[...]

>> But then: how do you specify the encoding of the mapfile/psfont? -p is
>> a pretty important switch when using non-ascii encoings.

> So what output infomation will afm2tfm generate when -p option is
> on?

The encoding of the fonts in the postscript/pdf file. And an entry for
the mapfile, such as

8r-dolli___-orig Dolly-Italic "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc
<dolli___.pfb

                               ^^^^^^^^^  this is the -p/-T option ^^^

> In my copy of texfont.pl, it only use -p option once,

Then we must have different texfont.pl version. Each time afm2tfm is
called, it uses either -T or -p. Running afm2tfm without those
parameters doesn't make very much sense. (Unless you are an english
speaking person that never typesets foreign languages.)

> unlink the tfm file, collect output into $cleanfont variable. So if
> I use non-ascii encoding (8r? texnansi?), $cleanfont will be set to
> what?

That doesn't matter here. afm2tfm needs to get fixed in miktex. Point.
No discussion worth.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net