Jörg Hagmann wrote:
My (working) setup: TeXLive on MacOSX (full installation). This was installed following the instructions in http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html#install. (I only have a slow modem at home)

Bill McClain's pages are slowly becoming obsolete, they were
written more than two years ago. I'm not sure if he is still
reading this list, even?

I thought most people on MacOSX used Gerben's i-Installer files
(that is: the gwtex distribution, not texlive). I certainly have
the impression that that would be the easiest way to use/update
ConTeXt.  (I'm on linux myself)

Perhaps this page is of help?

   http://contextgarden.net/Mac_Installation

Anyway, you are missing the latin modern fonts. Hopefully, you
can get some hints from the "Install a Latin Modern font update"
section of
        http://contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation

the procedure should be almost identical except for the actual
path and (perhaps) using 'updmap' instead of 'updmap-sys':
that depends on the age of our tex-live image)

Good luck, Taco