I've been trying to install ConTeXt (ver 2005.08.31) within teTeX 3.0,
installed from source exactly as described in

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation

but have run into problems.

Everything goes smoothly until I get to the section entitled 'Install
the zip archive'.

When I type 'texexec -make -all'  I get the following error (after much
other output):

        language        : patterns da for da loaded (n=6)

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-local/tex/context/patterns/lang-da.pat
        ! Nonletter.
        l.24 .s[
                aring]3
        ?

I tried simply responding 'R' to continue running silently but when I
come to the next step:

    cp -a /root/.texmf-var/web2c/*
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-var/web2c

The .texmf-var/web2c folder is empty, so nothing useful gets copied.

Currently, typing 'texexec --version' gives me the following:

        TeXExec 5.2.4 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005

               texexec : TeXExec 5.2.4 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-
2005
               texutil : TeXUtil 9.0.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1992-
2004
        kpathsea: Running mktexfmt cont-en.fmt
        fmtutil: no info for format `cont-en'.
        kpathsea: Running mktexfmt context.fmt
        fmtutil: no info for format `context'.
                   tex : unknown
               context : ver: 2005.01.31
               cont-en : unknown

which indicates to me that I should start again from scratch.

I have followed the instructions in the above-mentioned Wiki page to the
letter (although I wouldn't necessarily know if something had gone
astray
along the way given the complexity of TeX/ConTeXt etc.) This includes:

* removing the default TeTeX installation in Fedora Core 4
* installing TeTeX from the latest source package
* installing pdfetex update
* installing MetaPost update
* installing Latin Modern Font update

Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks in advance.

Mark Pearson BSc (hons) MSc DPhil
IT Consultant
Capita Symonds
The Capita Building, Kingmoor Business Park
Carlisle. CA6 4SJ.
United Kingdom.

Tel: +44 1228 673023
Fax: +44 1228 673111
Web: www.capitasymonds.co.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may be
subject to legal privilege, and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error or think you may have done so, you may
not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message. Please notify
the sender immediately and delete the original e-mail from your system.

Computer viruses can be transmitted by e-mail. Recipients should check this
e-mail for the presence of viruses. The Capita Group and its subsidiaries
accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
e-mail.