At 02:16 PM 9/12/2005, you wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "lay closer to a standard baseline". The
baseline of the glyph inside the key is aligned with text outside the
key. I waffled back and forth trying to find the most attractive
position while building the font. The majority of keycaps fonts I looked
at chose the same baseline.

I welcome any tweaking. Especially the addition of keys from other
keyboard layouts.

It occurs to me that one thing that would be particularly useful in a keycaps font would be pieces from which one could construct a "key" around a letter from another font -- specifically, a left side, a right side, and a middle portion made up only of purely horizontal lines so as to be extensible. One could potentially also have these in "short" and "tall" versions, depending on how the rest of the font worked.

- Brooks