> you can play with
>
> mtxrun --script synctex
>
> and the synctex file to see if it makes sense
I wrote two almost identical files in plain tex and context. When I generated the synctex file and ran `mtxrun --script synctex --list x.synctex` I got this:

```
$ mtxrun --script synctex --list context.synctex
mtx-synctex     | begin page: 1
mtx-synctex     | end page: 1

$ mtxrun --script synctex --list tex.synctex
mtx-synctex     | begin page: 1
mtx-synctex | [ 72 82 92 82] : 1 : /home/nawordar/tests/tex/hello/./tex.tex
mtx-synctex     | end page: 1
```

It looks like context generates an incomplete synctext file.

> one problem with synctex is that the editors depend on a library and there has been changes
>
> texshop now uses the more independent method for context i.e. just calling "mtxrun --script synctex ..." which not only removes the dependency of a library (the dependency on mtxrun is ok as one has context anyway) but also permits room for improvement (apart from not being tricked by latex specific heuristics in the library)

But that would need a change in Zathura wouldn't it?