On 10/12/2021 3:09 AM, jbf via ntg-context wrote:
Dear list,

I note previous discussions on the matter of body text invading footnote space (as late as last year). As I am currently typesetting a 400 plus page academic text with hundreds of footnotes, and do not have the option of making them endnotes, I am facing this issue page after page. The only solution I have for now is to make per page layout adjustments to reduce a line or two, so there is a way to handle it, but given ConTeXt's 'perfection' generally, I would be very interested to know if there is any other solution forthcoming. I've tried various options in \setupfootnotes and \setuptolerance', but to no avail.
Is this still the case in the latest version?