Hans Hagen via ntg-context schrieb am 07.11.2021 um 19:05:
On 11/6/2021 11:23 AM, Alexandre Christe via ntg-context wrote:
Dear all,

I'd like to know how best to work with font features regarding adaptations of math fonts.

For example, let's assume I'd like to use Minion Pro also for math typesetting. I've referred myself to this page of the Wiki https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/definefontfallback <https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/definefontfallback>. I have tried the following, but it fails for greek letters in math mode.

\definefallbackfamily
      [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
  [range={math:lowercaseitalic,math:uppercaseitalic,math:lowercasenormal,math:uppercasenormal},force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily
      [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
  [range={math:lowercasegreekitalic,math:uppercasegreekitalic,math:lowercasegreeknormal,math:uppercasegreeknormal},force=yes]
\definefallbackfamily
      [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
      [range=math:digitsnormal,features=f:lining,force=yes]
\definefontfamily     [mainface] [math] [Libertinus Math]

Thanks in advance for your support.
Do you get results at all? Hard to check as that math font is a commercial one. If it's an otf font, I suppose it can be used directly as mainface math.

Libertinus is a free Math font and Minion Pro was available with older installations of the Adobe Reader.

To use the Minion font for math you have to create a new fallback for each set of characters because you need always a different argument for the offset key. To make everything a bit easier the fallbackfamily command provides preset list which already set he necessary values for range and offset.

% \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
%   [range=lowercasenormal]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro] [preset=math:lowercasenormal]

% \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
%   [range=lowercasenormal,offset=lowercaseitalic,tf=style:italic]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro] [preset=math:lowercaseitalic]

% \definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro]
%   [range=digitsnormal,features=f:lining]

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [math] [Minion Pro] [preset=math:digitsnormal]

\definefontfamily [mainface] [math] [Libertinus Math]

\starttext

\startformula
c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopformula