Muchas gracias Pablo, that was most helpful, and of course it works.

The particular part that I was missing (there was already alternative=doublesided in the preamble) of course was the \startsectionblockenvironment[bodypart], so thanks for highlighting that.

I was also a bit confused about the difference between state=repeat and repeat=yes, and I can see that both do work in the snippet you gave me, so perhaps there is no difference between these?

Julian