On 22 November 2021 at 18:28:44, Hans Hagen via ntg-context (
ntg-context@ntg.nl) wrote:

On 11/22/2021 10:49 AM, musa furber via ntg-context wrote:
> I am relatively new to ConTeXt and have encountered something that does
> not work as I expected it to based on various documentation and examples.
>
> My book design requires the front matter to contain an abridged table of
> contents just for chapters, and a detailed table of contents in the back
> matter.
>
> Everything worked fine -- including the PDF bookmarks and table of
> contents -- until I started using \writetolist to manually inject
> additional sections and subsections into their respective lists. The
> manually injected entries do show up (as I expected), but their
> corresponding PDF bookmarks get repeated (not what I expected).
you can probably best use

\startsection[title={...},list={...},bookmark={...}]
\stopsection

I do not think that is an option for me.

The book is bilingual, with Arabic and English. There are places where I
want the chapter, section, and subsection titles to be bilingual as well,
with English on the left and Arabic on the right. I accomplish this using
the following…

\defineparagraphs[BilingualTitle][n=3,before={\blank[2*line]},after=,]

\setupparagraphs[BilingualTitle][1][width=.4\textwidth]

\setupparagraphs[BilingualTitle][2][width=.12\textwidth]

\setupparagraphs[BilingualTitle][3][width=.4\textwidth]

\define[2]\BilingualChapter

   {\expanded{\writetolist[chapter]{}{#1}}

   \startBilingualTitle

\noindentation\setlatin{}\tfd\setupinterlinespace\feature[+][smallcaps]\word{#1}\feature[<]

   \nextBilingualTitle

   \hfill\nextBilingualTitle

   \noindentation\setarabic{}\tfd\setupinterlinespace{#2}

   \stopBilingualTitle

  }

…with variants for section, subsection, and subsection.

Regards,

Musa