On 11/22/2021 2:30 PM, Taco Hoekwater via ntg-context wrote:

On 22 Nov 2021, at 14:15, Jean-Philippe Rey via ntg-context
<ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:

Dear list,

The following code worked perfectly well with ConTeXt  ver: 2021.01.05 10:45
LMTX
but produces an error with the current LMTX version (at least since ConTeXt
ver: 2021.09.26 17:00 LMTX).
Adding an explicit \par at the end of the \head line allows the example to work.

It seems like the newest LMTX versions don’t handle implicit \par (empty lines)
as argument
delimiter any more, the argument has to be terminated by the explicit string
“\par", just
like any other argument delimiter.

This is definitely a change, but I would vote for that change to stay. ;)
there is some experimental stuff involved

\starttext

    default: \the\autoparagraphmode \blank

    % 0x1 text | 0x2 macro | 0x4 go-on

    \autoparagraphmode0 \def\foo#1\par{[#1]} 0: \foo test\par test\par
    \autoparagraphmode1 \def\foo#1\par{[#1]} 1: \foo test\par test\par
    \autoparagraphmode2 \def\foo#1\par{[#1]} 2: \foo test\par test\par
    \autoparagraphmode4 \def\foo#1\par{[#1]} 4: \foo test\par test\par

\starttext

but inceed i'd like to get rid of par delimited commands (afaiks we have only two left) and \starthead .. \stophead is the way to go