Jack Hill schrieb am 26.11.2021 um 19:53:
On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 at 17:39, Wolfgang Schuster
<wolfgang.schuster.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
Jack Hill via ntg-context schrieb am 26.11.2021 um 18:18:
Hi list,

When I run this test code

[...]

on my machine, the prime symbols are being placed too high (except for
latin modern which is normal).
Running the same code on the wiki gives the correct output though.
Does anyone else get the same output? Screenshot attached.
Use \definetypeface to load/set the math fonts.

\starttext

\starttabulate[|l|c|]
\FL
\BC Font name          \BC Math prime                        \NC\NR
\ML
\NC Latin Modern Roman \NC                            \m{x'} \NC\NR
\NC TeX Gyre Termes    \NC \switchtobodyfont[termes]  \m{x'} \NC\NR
\NC TeX Gyre Pagella   \NC \switchtobodyfont[pagella] \m{x'} \NC\NR
\NC TeX Gyre Bonum     \NC \switchtobodyfont[bonum]   \m{x'} \NC\NR
\NC TeX Gyre Schola    \NC \switchtobodyfont[schola]  \m{x'} \NC\NR
\NC STIX Two           \NC \switchtobodyfont[stixtwo] \m{x'} \NC\NR
\BL
\stoptabulate

\stoptext

Wolfgang
Thanks, \definetypeface fixes it. Should I not be using \definefontfamily?
I've just checked eulernova and the prime is still too high for this font.

\switchtobodyfont[eulernova]
\starttext
\m{x'}
\stoptext

To set the math font \definetypeface is the better choice because ConTeXt loads patches for most math fonts to improve the spacing for primes etc.

You can use \definefontfamily to set the math font but then you have to load these patches yourself (\definefontfamily [...] [...] [...] [extras=...,goodies=...]). For a few fonts these patches are loaded automatically but the system is not always up to date.

What I suggest is to use \definefontfamily to select your text fonts (serif, sans and mono) in combination with \definetypeface for the math font. One reason where \definefontfamily is the better choice for the math font is when you try to use fallbacks for the math font (e.g. to have sans serif letters in math mode).

Wolfgang