On 12/10/2021 8:20 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
Am 09.12.21 um 19:00 schrieb Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context:

\starttext
\WORD{größer}
\stoptext

\WORD used to handle "ß" correctly, i.e. convert it to "SS"; now it makes "sS".

(If the current font contains an uppercase ß that would be even better, but those are rare).

I can’t tell when it changed (some LMTX versions ago) and can’t check MkIV, since "mtxrun --generate --luatex" doesn’t work.

Hans sent me a fix, I guess it will be included in the next upload.

And yes, uppercase ß (ẞ, U1E9E) would be even better, even according to the official German orthography rules since 2017, but there are still not many fonts that have it.
if needed we could catch that with a fallback feature (could cover more such cases)