I created a custom index that displays a list of "Important Dates" appearing in
my book. It lists the year, a short description of what happened, and should
show the page number.

I'm running into two errors though:

First, if the date is the same year, it is sorting alphabetically, example,,,,

\dateis{1900s+1912}{Yet another event happened}
\dateis{1900s+1912}{Another event happened}

...will print the wrong one first in the index..

1912 - Another even happened
1912 - Yet another event happened.

Is there a way to manually tell it to display one first? I don't want to add
visible month and day details, that would be even more confusing to the index
as I have to print it in American order.

Second, when it compiles it is not printing the page number, instead prints
"[Entry not flushed]".

-- Joel

Here is my minimum working example:

\defineregister[listdates][compress=yes]
\setupregister[listdates][style=sansbold, textstyle=slanted, n=1,
pagenumber=yes]

\define[2]\dateis{%
    \listdates{#1~\emdash ~#2}%
}%

\starttext

\dateis{1900s+1911}{Some event happened}
\dateis{1900s+1912}{Yet another event happened}
\dateis{1900s+1912}{Another event happened}

\startchapter[title=Important Dates]
    \placelistdates
\stopchapter