One possible solution I see, since the textbooks and workbooks share the same
macros, formatting, fonts, etc. is to just render them as a single file,
resetting the page number at the start of each new book, then later use pdfjam
to split the files, but I'm not sure how the index could tell readers which of
the five "page 5's" (for example) the index is referring to. --Joel

    On Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 06:19:01 AM MST, Joel via ntg-context