On Saturday, January 22, 2022 1:07:22 PM IST Richard Mahoney via ntg-context
wrote:
> I'm wondering, how have you found the new
> input/translation method with "Shobhika Regular," a font a few of us
> might be keen to use?

I have myself been using Shobhika with relative success for quite some time
now. Due to its great conjunct support, it is a good font as well. In ConTeXt
it is advisable to use it with the deva script tag. So, with
features=devanagari-one

Please note that it is missing some IAST glyphs
ḻ (=ळ) l̥ ,are just two examples.
[For roman transliteration (IAST), I have seen that the Brill font has very
good glyph coverage but it does not have vedic accents IIRC.]

However, there is one (minor) issue in the devanagari side of things:
See here (long read):
https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg99691.html

TLDR: there are one set of conjuncts which don't work right-away, namely the
र-based conjunct forms with the following consonant: छ, ट, ठ, ड, ढ with post-
base and below-base vowel marks, namely  ी, ा, ौ,  ु  and   ू
For example छ्री will not render as expected in ConTeXt (with devanagari-one).
fix this one can temporarily switch to the devanagari-two feature set as
follows
{\feature[=][devanagari-two] छ्री}
which can be wrapped into a macro.

Otherwise, all the features work well.