I have an issue that has been raised at least twice in this list but as far as I can see it has not received an answer. Perhaps someone can help with the following?

I have an index entry that has unicode quote marks either side: ‘Innovative Beings’.  I need to retain those quote marks. If I put \index{‘Innovative’} then ‘Innovative’ is sorted under ‘ instead of under the letter I. How do I get my indexing to ignore the quote marks, at the very least the initial one?

My index setup at the moment is as follows:

\defineregister[index][compress=yes]

\setupregister[index][n=1]

\defineprocessor[special][style=italic]

The only hint I could gain from the wiki was that it might depend on using a method key in \setupregister, but I could not see which to use. Tried a few and got weird results.

Julian