Thanks for the bits and pieces to the puzzle. I'll do my best to make sense of them and solve the problem.

Julian

On 19/3/22 20:18, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context wrote:
Hi Julian,

you’re right, the example didn’t do what you wanted, and it didn’t intend to.

Using \getmarking you can get a section title (or another “mark”), you can’t combine it with the variable commands, and you don’t need it for your case.

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/getmarking isn’t really helpful since there’s no example with section titles, but it shows you can also get previous or next “marks”.

BTW, I can’t remember when you need \structurevariable vs. \namedstructurevariable...

Hraban