Hi Steffen

I have TeXshop setup on my mac mini M1 but I rarely use it. I've just ran it on a file I have been working on and it runs OK. Here is my engine:

%%%%%%

#!/bin/bash export PATH=$PATH:/Users/pothole/data/contextmacosarm64/tex/texmf-osx-arm64/bin /Users/pothole/data/contextmacosarm64/tex/texmf-osx-arm64/bin/mtxrun --autogenerate --script context --directives="system.error" --autopdf "$1"

%%%%

The only difference I can see is --directives="system.error" . Don't know if this helps.

I'm running:

system > ConTeXt ver: 2022.05.09 17:24 LMTX fmt: 2022.5.11 int: english/english

Best Wishes

Keith McKay