Maybe \setupnote[footnote][width=\textwidth]?

Julian

On 16/6/22 18:56, Denis Maier via ntg-context wrote:

Hi,

I think I’ve ran into a somewhat strange behaviour. If you have a footnote in a float caption, the footnote won’t use the full textwidth, but only the width of the corresponding caption. Is that on purpose, a context bug or a user bug?

Best,

Denis

\starttext

asdf

\startplacefigure[title={My caption with a long footnote.\footnote{\input ward}}]

\externalfigure[cow.pdf]

\stopplacefigure