On Tue, Jul 12, 2022 at 6:34 PM Otared Kavian via ntg-context
<ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:

> Dear Hans, dear Mikael,
>
> In my experiments with the new math engine, I noticed that there is an issue
> with \placeformula when one sets the location of the numbers on the left: the
> number is one line above the formula. Here is a minimal example:
>
> % begin bug-placeformula-left.tex
> \setupformulas[location=left]
>
> \starttext
>
> \placeformula
> \startformula
> a^2 + b^2 = c^2.
> \stopformula
>
> \stoptext
> % end bug-placeformula-left.tex
>
> Moreover, in some environments (such as enumerations) the bug destroys
> completely the flow of text but I could not set up a minimal example to send
> you.
>
> Best regards: Otared

Thanks for reporting! We must have missed this one while testing. It
should be fixed.

If you for the moment can live without splitting, then this seems to
give you the formula number where expected:

\placeformula
\startformula[location=left,split=no,numberlocation=overlay]
a^2 + b^2 = c^2.
\stopformula

(or put the keys in \setupformula)

I hope it helps.