Hi Peter,

I know that's not the expected answer and I'm sorry about that. But why use \startquotation when \quotation{something} does the job just fine?

I've looked to replicate your MWE and for my part, there's just a space missing at the end of the quote before the last quote (but I'm working with an older version of CTX). To get the quote indented, instead of \startquotation, I use the command \startnarrower and \stopnarrower.

What about something like this :

\mainlanguage[fr] \setcharacterspacing[frenchpunctuation]

\starttext bla \quotation{Que d'hommes entre Dieu et moi !} bla\\ bla «OK» bla

\startnarrower

\quotation{\tfx{On cherche à mieux cerner les effets des commandes de \ConTeXt sur les citations et les espaces entre les guillemets}}

\stopnarrower

\stoptext

Sorry if my answer is not very helpful !

JP