Boris Pedrofiets wrote:
Looking at the files s-mag-01.tex and mag-0000.tex from the context distribution I created a file with layout and defs myself. My question: how can I use my-module?

Rename the file you made, so the name starts with "p-" and
ends with the extension ".tex", like:

  p-boris.tex

Now you can start your documents with

  \usemodule[boris]

Modules normally start with a single letter, followed by a dash.

Context first looks for m-boris (a core system module), then
p-boris (a user private module), then s-boris (a style module),
then x-boris (dunno?), then t-boris (a third-party module),
and finally (if nothing else works), in a new context
distribution it will try boris.tex.

Even if it works, using module names without a prefix is a bad
idea, because it is very likely to create clashes with other
input file names. Use "p-boris.tex" for your own files, and
"t-boris.tex" for files you want to share with other people.

Taco