Dear list,

just in case it might help, I’ve rewritten the Greek entry in the wiki:

  https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Greek

Although nobody seemed to have mentioned them (afaIk), there are two issues:

1. Hyphenation patterns are different for ancient, monotonic and modern
polytonic Greek. Greek ortography was polytonic before 1982.

ConTeXt includes patterns for ancient and monotonic Greek, but none for
modern polytonic Greek
(http://mirror.ctan.org/language/hyph-utf8/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/hyph-el-polyton.tex).

Ironically, modern polytonic Greek patterns would be required to typeset
both the act and the decree that introduced the monotonic ortography.

2. Greek doesn’t seem to have language-dependent commands (such as
\currentdate).

In both cases, Hans will reply that nobody asked for any of them.

Of course, I totally agree. AfaIk, nobody asked for these features.

Just in case it might help,

Pablo