Hi,

Thanks Hraban for the information and the link to the article by Hans and
Mikael about the math fonts in Lucida.

I very much appreciated that article: one sees how the handling of almost
impercebtile details in ConTeXt make us to adhere to and love LuaMetaTeX… So a
great thank you to Hans and Mikael for all this work!

Regarding the details of vertical alignment in math, I wonder whether the
to define for instance a new variable) should be alos centered around the math
axis, as explained in the article. For instance in the following example

\setupbodyfont[lucidaot,12pt]
\starttext
\startformula
f(x) := -(u|x) := - \langle u, x \rangle
\stopformula
\stopformula
\startformula
f : A \longrightarrow B
\stopformula
\stoptext

it seems to me that the lower dot (or square…) in the semicolumn of the first
formula (in front of the equal sign) is lower than in the second formula.

Best regards: Otared

> On 23 Jan 2023, at 09:39, Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
> <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
>
> https://tug.org/pipermail/lucida/2023-January/000921.html
>
> A new version (1.901) of the Lucida OpenType fonts from TUG is
> available.  As with previous updates, there's no additional charge if
> you've already purchased licenses; you can use the same download
> information sent to you at the time of purchase to get the new fonts.
> (If you've lost the download info, you can email us at
> lucida-admin at tug.org.)
>
> I will append the changes for this release. The same information is also
> online at https://tug.org/store/lucida/NEWS.txt.
>
> To summarize, the most significant changes have been to the math fonts,
> especially the regular-weight LucidaBrightMathOT. Many of these changes
> were discussed in greater detail in the recent article about Lucida math
> by Hans Hagen and Mikael Sundqvist:
>  https://tug.org/TUGboat/tb43-3/tb135hagen-lucida.pdf
>
> The four Lucida Sans fonts and the three specialized fonts (Blackletter,
> Calligraphy, Handwriting) are not changed at all from the last release
> (not even version numbers or dates). All other fonts were changed.
>
> On behalf of TUG, I thank Hans, Mikael, and Michael Sharpe, who among
> them did essentially all of the technical font editing for this
> release. And we must thank Chuck Bigelow and Kris Holmes (they approved
> this release, as always), without whom nothing could be done.
>
> Bug reports and character/feature requests are welcome (email to this
> list is best), though, as usual, we cannot promise any particular
> timeline for the next release.
>
> Happy typesetting,
> Karl [Berry]

Otared Kavian