Yes, tabulate is a solution, though as I have just described for Denis who also responded to this issue, by some careful manipulation (which was possible for the circumstance I was dealing with) I simply noted where the page break occurred and started a new set of paragraphs after that. That was satisfactory in this case. Tabulate might have to be the solution for a different set of circumstances.

Julian