jbf via ntg-context schrieb am 28.03.2023 um 10:27:

I cannot understand why my xtable setup does not split to the next page. As far as I can see I have it set up correctly... though obviously not! What might be wrong? Below is a sample. In the real case the number of rows would demand a second page.

\setupxtable[width=4cm,option={stretch,width}]

\setupxtable[split=yes]

\starttext

\placetable[here]{}

\startxtable

\startxrow

\startxcell cell one \stopxcell

\startxcell cell two \stopxcell

\startxcell cell three\stopxcell

\stopxrow

... and so on and so forth for twenty or so rows, but certainly enough to require a second page

\stopxtable

\stoptext

You have to pass the "split" keyword to the float command, e.g.

\startplacetable [location={here,split}]
    \startxtable
    \stopxtable
\stopplacetable

Wolfgang