Hello,

Trying to use:

\startdocument

\startpagefigure[Coverpages.pdf][page=1]\stoppagefigure
\startpagefigure[Coverpages.pdf][page=2]\stoppagefigure

% before

\startmakeup [titlepage]
front
\stopmakeup

\startmakeup [titlepage]
back
\stopmakeup

\startfrontmatter
\stopfrontmatter

\stopdocument

inserts a "blank" page (with header/footer) between the two Coverpages and a second "blank" page after the backside title page.

Not including the two \startpagefigure lines eliminates the blank page following the back side title page (and the other one between the two Coverpages, of course).

This is not a MWE as it occurs in a complicated project but not in mwe snippets.

I suspect that this artifact is somehow related to the page={...} settings later in the document. How can I turn OFF all automatic page generation settings for the very beginning of my document? Any ideas?
(Title page makeup has always been somewhat of a mystery to me.)

Alan