Alex Leray schrieb am 18.08.2023 um 12:19:
Hello Wolfgang,

Le 17/08/23 à 18:56, Wolfgang Schuster a écrit :
Is it correct all your listing are HTML code and you need line breaks for the entries of the href attributes?

The content is from a dutch net-artist artist from the early days of the public web, and is often (volontary) mixing different natural nd machine langages. Not all snippets are HTML, but most of them are some sort of HTML pidgin.

I see, the typing environment is in this case the safest option to ensure special characters like % remain i the output.

For simple text without special characters you could have switched to the lines environment and use a monospaced but
I wouldn't trust it here (even when you enable \asciimode).

Syntax highlighting of the code listing isn't needed in your case.

No, I don't need syntax highlighting

My problem is solved using manual zero width spaces at the moment but I'd be interested to find a more structural solution.

Checking at the Context source code I would have thought that breakpoints were possible withing typing env. See

https://source.contextgarden.net/tex/context/base/mkiv/buff-ver.mkiv?search=typing#l51

It would be interesting to document on the wiki that behavior, which I can do later when my understanding is better.

The typing environment disables the breakpoint (and a few other) mechanism because they can lead to undesired side effects but Hans suggestion to provide a hook which can be used to re-enable the feature, e.g.

     \startsetups [typing:mine]
         \setbreakpoints[compound]
     \stopsetups

     \setuptyping [CUSTOM] [setups=typing:mine]

The only flaw I can see in the suggestion is the use of the \everyinitializeverbatim register because it is used for inline and display verbatim. A better place to add the option is \buff_verbatim_initialize_typing_two for \starttyping
and \buff_verbatim_initialize_type_two for \type.

ok