On Sun Aug 20, 2023 at 6:28 PM CEST, Keith McKay wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've updated the zint barcode generator on my mac mini to 2.12.0 and now
> no barcode is produced. I have this vague recollection that it is only
> the 2.10.0 version of zint which works in ConTeXt. If I am correct, is
> ConTeXt likely to be updated so that 2.12.0 works?  I originally
> installed zint with Homebrew. There is a very complicated thread on
> stackoverflow on how to downgrade to previous versions of a formula in
> homebrew, but it is far too complicated for my wee brain.

Hans updated ConTeXt to account for 2.12.0 already in April, so it
should work, but maybe there is some subtle error (like there was when
we upgraded to 2.11).

Unfortunately I am unable to take a closer look until the end of the
month. In the meantime can you please try to compile the library
yourself? Here are the instructions:

    https://github.com/contextgarden/luametatex-optional-libraries

I.e. on Linux (please adjust for macOS):

    git clone --recursive
https://github.com/contextgarden/luametatex-optional-libraries.git
    cd luametatex-optional-libraries
    cmake -S . -B build -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
    cmake --build build -j4
    cp build/libzint.so
/path/to/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/lib/luametatex/libs/libzint.so

The repository is still based on zint 2.11, I will update it to 2.12
after I confirm that it works.

Michal