On 9/6/23 12:28, denis.ma...@unibe.ch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the example below that uses the three images in the attachment.
> For some reason multiple spaces encoded as %20 get merged into a single %20.

Hi Denis,

this is standard TeX behavior (not only related to XML):

  \starttext
  \externalfigure[test  two spaces.pdf]
  \externalfigure[test  not two spaces.pdf]
  \stoptext

I don‘t know whether this is intended or not.

That being said, more than one consecutive space in a file name (I would
say it) is rather an exception than the rule.

Fixing this may cause more trouble that it might seem at first.

Best,

Pablo