Am 25.09.23 um 17:52 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez:
Dear list,

I have the following sample (with current latest from 2023.09.18 21:13):

     \setuppapersize[A6]
     \starttext
     \startsetups[forfootnote]
         \setupitemgroup
            [itemize][1]
            [   before={\endgraf{\ttbf    [before]}\endgraf},
                 after={\endgraf{\ttbf     [after]}\endgraf}]
     \stopsetups

     \setupnote[footnote][setups=forfootnote]

     \footnote{\startitemize
          \startitem Choose the correct answer.
              \startitemize
              \item This one
              \stopitemize
          \stopitem
     \stopitemize}
     \stoptext

Excuse my ignorance, but which is the right way to get the itemize setup
only for footnotes?

I would use \defineitemgroup to define your own, like "footnoteitemize".

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/defineitemgroup

Hraban