Hi ConText friends,

I am trying to increase the vertical distance between the underbrace and
the part of the equation above the underbrace.

\startformula
\underbrace{x+y+z}_{\blank[1cm]\mathrm{my text here}}
\stopformula

I've tried using \blank and \vspace, but to no avail.  For example:

\underbrace{x+y+z}_{\blank[1cm]\mathrm{my text here}}
...does not work.

The documentation on underbrace (and overbrace, underbracket, etc...) in
the ContextGarden wiki seems to be very limited, and I was not able to find
any user-supplied arguments for increasing this vertical distance.

There are various solutions available for LaTex, and they require external
packages (e.g., BigStrut, vphantom) that redefine the strut height.

I hope I'm missing something simple... Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

DY Hung

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /