On 1/8/2024 11:05 PM, 1114...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

I was cleaning and formatting my context file and then when I compiled it, the
output I got introduced extra vertical spacings at the section headings that
weren't there in the previous compilations. I had to spend enormous amount of
time trying to fix it so to emulate my previous outputs. Turns out the problem
was how I called one of the key-value argument in the document.

I really wanna know the reason why it did influenced the output?

Provided below is the minimal source code (and it is producing different
outputs, meaning the vertical spacings are not same, on my device running the
version released in the September and also tested with the latest release.)

"""
%% differences in outputs, for how "grid=yes" is called.

%% Type 1.
%\setuplayout[grid=yes]

Here you set the grid variable to "yes".

%% Type 2.
%\setuplayout[
%grid=yes
%]

Here you set the grid variable to "yes " so a trailing space.

\setuphead[section][grid=low] %% needed to observe the output difference
\starttext

\title{Alpha}
\subsection{Beta}
\input{knuth}

\stoptext
So this is ok:

\setupfoo
 [a=A,
  b=B]

\setupfoo
 [a=A,
  b=B,
 ]

I'm not aware of funmdamental changes in the parse, apart from that in many setup commands one can now do this:

\setupfoo
  [A=\this[works],
   B=\that[doestoo]]

as nested brackets are handled.