On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 22:12:25 +0530
Shiv Shankar Dayal <shivshankar.da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the best way to input UTF-8 in LuaMetaTex?

“Best” is subjective. What might be a good way for me might not be
your preferred way.

LuaMetaTex doesn't care at all *how* you input the characters into
your text editor. The characters end up in the tex file and that's
what's processed by context.

  \starttext
    Ωµ±åö←§…
  \stoptext

Methods:

  - custom keyboard layout (my preferred way)
  - compose key
  - symbol input tables (provided by your OS)
  - copy-pasting symbols from somewhere else
  - …

> If I use the UTF-8 characters then do not come out in text with
> Modern font.

You need to select a font containing the characters you need. Or set
up a fallback for a certain range:

  https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/definefallbackfamily

Marco

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /