Il 23/02/24 14:32, Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context ha scritto:
Dear list,

I have the following sample file:

\starttext
whatever

\startluacode
luatex.wrapup(
   function()
     local t = {}
     local pdf_file_name = tex.jobname..".pdf"
     local sha_pdf = utilities.sha2.hash256(io.loaddata(pdf_file_name))
     local c_r = environment.currentrun
     t[c_r] =  sha_pdf
     local exists_pdf = ("%s_%s-%s.pdf"):format(c_r-1, tex.jobname, t[c_r-1])
     if io.exists(exists_pdf) then os.remove(exists_pdf) end
     os.rename(pdf_file_name, ("%s_%s-%s.pdf"):format(c_r, tex.jobname,
sha_pdf))
   end
)
\stopluacode
\stoptext

In short, it adds its SHA256 to the final filename.

Since renames the PDF document in each run, I would like to remove the
output from the previous run.

The table seems not to store the value from a previous run.

I see now that I am creating it again with each run.

Is there any way to check if compilation needs any other run?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo

Hello Pablo,

you can keep the log, tuc and pdf file of every run with the --keeplog, --keeptuc and --keeppdf options (type "context --help --expert" to know about the file naming).

A new run is started unless:

- the maxruns number of runs has been reached

- the tuc file is identical to the one of the previous run

Massi

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /