Am 26.02.24 um 21:08 schrieb Otared Kavian:
Does anyone have a simple setup of fonts to write a small Japanese document
(possibly with furagana) ? I am using MacOS and I have several Japanese fonts
on the system.
I have some old examples which do not typeset correctly now, maybe because they
use the old module simplefonts and  commands such as \setcjkmainfont and
friends.

Try to replace the simplefonts calls with something like

\definefontfamily[myfonts][rm][SomeFont]
\definefontfamily[myfonts][ss][SomeOtherFont]

\setupbodyfont[myfonts,rm,12pt]

With Latin fonts, it usually works.

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /