Am 18.03.24 um 07:36 schrieb Mikael Sundqvist:
Hi,

On Sun, Mar 17, 2024 at 10:57 PM Hraban Ramm<te...@fiee.net>  wrote:
… and another thing that came up in my workshops and in discussions at
our booth: the math manual is eagerly awaited! (My book too, but I can’t
answer most questions about math.)
Oh, I see. So, I should really try to get something out. It is
difficult to find enough time working on it, in particular since Hans
is always adding new (not only math) stuff, but I will try. It is fun
to participate in the development, and I do not want to delay it
(somebody has to push him and test, and so on...)

But I should probably get something out, even if that is not really
finished/polished. All the basics are there. Then it can be a
work-in-progress document, adding/modifying new stuff.

Yes, please! The version that you gave me a year ago is already really interesting and helpful, and Hans’ manuals are also often "in progress". A visible TODO marker might help – I’m using the following in my book to keep track of incomplete sections:

\defineregister[todos]
\define[1]\TODO{\inouter{\tt\color[red]{TODO}}\expanded{\todos{\structurevariable{title}}}\color[red]{\bf
 #1}\autoinsertnextspace}

…
\startsection[title=Lists]
\TODO{Research the options of \tex{setupitemgroup}!}
\stopsection
…

\startchapter[title=Work list]
  Sections that still need work.\blank

  \placetodos
\stopchapter

So I get a prominent marker in the content and the title of the affected section as an index.

There have been many changes along the way, and maybe at some time
some things were not really working, but later fixed.

I thought so, too.

For promotion I’d like to have a few examples where the difference between TeX/LaTeX default rendering and new ConTeXt rendering is visible.

Hraban

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /