As I understand, Thomas needs a layout in which the header shows something
like

1. Chapter title -- 1.1. Section title (including the numbers! *This is the
important bit!*)

There are a couple things about this:

1. In a section (part, chapter, section, etc.) you can introduce three
versions of the title for that section. title= is the general one and if
nothing else is specified, this will be used in markings (headers or footer
or wherever you want to put therm) and in listings (contents). If you give
those arguments, marking= and listing=, you will get those texts in those
places: marking= on markings (you can call them with \getmarking) and
listing= in the table of contents.

2. As far as I have found, including the chapter/section number in the
marking is *not really a trivial task*. I usually hack something using
\headnumber and \getmarking, like so:

\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location=,]

\setupheadertexts[{\headnumber[section].~\getmarking[section]}---{\headnumber[chapter].~\getmarking[chapter]}]
\setupfootertexts[][pagenumber][pagenumber][]
\setuphead[chapter][header=high]

\starttext
\dorecurse{10}{
  \startchapter[title={This is my chapter}]
  This is a chapter\par \dorecurse{6}{\input knuth } \input
math-kontinuitet-sv

  \startsection[title={This is my section}]
   This is a section\par \dorecurse{6}{\input knuth }\input
math-kontinuitet-sv
  \stopsection
  \stopchapter
}
\stoptext

But with a caveat: the `header=high` setting in setuphead for the chapter
needs to be included, or you will get a section number in the first page,
even if there is no section. I have not found a better mechanism yet, but
I'm quite sure there is a correct solution for this... I just haven't found
it yet. Checking for the presence of \getmarking[section] with
\doifsomething does not work, or I could not make it work.

A little bit more info here:
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/getmarking
https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/headnumber

El mié, 20 mar 2024 a las 9:23, Hraban Ramm (<te...@fiee.net>) escribió:

> \setupheadtext[de][section=Aufgabe]
> Rename the section, then you don’t need marking.
>
> Sorry, I'm in a hurry and must look up how to get the number…
>

> Am 20.03.24 um 12:18 schrieb Thomas Meyer:
>
> Hi Hraban,
>
> and thanks.
>
> setuphead[chapter,section][numberwidth=2em] or "fit"
> works!
>
> I know \setupheadertexts, but do not know what shall I write here:
> \startsection[titel=Aufgabe, marking=?????]
> If I write marking=Aufgabe I get Aufgabe, no number! For chapter the same.
>
> \setupheadertexts
>        [] [{\getmarking[chapter]} - {\getmarking[section]}]
> [{\getmarking[chapter]} - {\getmarking[section]}] []
> ----> Kapitel - Aufgabe
>

> Thanks in advance
> Greetings
> Thomas
>

> Am 20.03.24 um 09:09 schrieb Hraban Ramm:
>

> Am 20.03.24 um 08:18 schrieb Thomas Meyer:
>
> HI folks,
>
> yesterday while reading along I learned how to suppress the chapter
> numbers in sections. That was something I was looking for myself.
>
> But how do you use marking correctly in startsection? I would like to see
> "1. Kapitel - 1. Aufgabe" in the header on the right. How can I automate
> this with marking?
> And how can I reduce the space between the number (1.) and the title
> (Kapitel or Aufgabe)?
>
> Thanks for your help
> Thomas
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> do you know how to use \setupheadertexts?
>
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupheadertexts
>
> I guess you're using the section level for "Aufgabe"?
>
> Then something like {\getmarking{chapter} – \getmarking{section}} might
> fit your request.
>
> The formatting should be possible with
> \setuphead[chapter,section][numberwidth=2em] or "fit".
>
> Hraban

> Wiki!
>
> maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /
> https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl
> webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / https://context.aanhet.net (mirror)
> archive  : https://github.com/contextgarden/context
> wiki     : https://wiki.contextgarden.net

> Wiki!
>
> maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /
> https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl
> webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / https://context.aanhet.net (mirror)
> archive  : https://github.com/contextgarden/context
> wiki     : https://wiki.contextgarden.net

> the Wiki!
>
> maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /
> https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl
> webpage  : https://www.pragma-ade.nl / https://context.aanhet.net (mirror)
> archive  : https://github.com/contextgarden/context
> wiki     : https://wiki.contextgarden.net

Andrés Conrado Montoya
Andi Kú
andresconr...@gmail.com
http://sesentaycuatro.com
http://messier87.com
http://chiquitico.org
Los fines no justifican los medios, porque la medida verdadera de nuestro
carácter está dada por los medios que estamos dispuestos a utilizar, no por
los fines que proclamamos.

“You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an
intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do
something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look
so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag
him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a
bitch.’” — Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl /