Sunday, October 30, 2005 Alan Bowen wrote:

> Giuseppe—

> Actually, it can happen with a very short document too:

> \starttext
> \grk{\overbar{\grk{kj}} Kull'hnhc
> d$^{\hbox{\tfx\grk{ou}}}$ med'eonta
> ka`i >Arkad'ihc polum'hlou}

> \stoptext

> will produce the
>      ! Math formula deleted: Insufficient symbol fonts error.

> To generalize: all my attempts to enter mathmode when the bodyfont is
> Greek (using one of the fonts in Thomas Schmitz’ Greek module) fail
> because of insufficient symbol fonts.

> I wonder if this bears of the fact that in this module the fonts have
> to be defined at every size used in the document. The relevant line
> in type-tasgreek is
> \definebodyfont
> [30pt,25pt,20pt,18pt,17.3pt,14.4pt,14pt,12pt,11pt,10.5pt,10.1pt,10pt,
> 9pt,8pt,7pt,6pt,5pt,4pt]
> [rm]

> My environment file sets the body font size to 10.1 pt.

I'm not the font expert, but the problem seems to be that
math small text isn't being set (if I see it correctly,
you're using math mode to enter a superscript). I would
suggest you try \text instead of \hbox in the math part, and
even better try \hi{superscript text} or \super{superscript
text} for the superscript.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta