Miguel Queiros schrieb:

Hi!

I'm going to clean up the beginners manual (at least the source code) so i think this s a good moment to pick up the 'translation' thread

So the question is:

- what can go out
- what should go in
- what should be updated

as well as:

- who will participate (in translation)
- how to deal with localization (maybe dedicated language related chapters)

As a beginner myself and typesetting in Portuguese I can tell
you what I had troubles with:

- mainlanguage
- Special characters as ยบ (\ordmasculine and stuff like that).

And maybe not in the beginners manual but I think there
should be an updated manual about how to install context.

I'm still using a context version from 2004.08 as it is the
only one it worked for me. I downloaded as far as I remember the file mswincontext.zip , the stand alone version of
context, but the newer versions need Perl and Ruby to
be installed.

By the way... Are there any sugestions on the installation
of Ruby and Perl on windows ?
http://www.activestate.com/ they provide avtivepearl. It's no problem to install it.

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/ there you get ruby. They provide a link to the "one click ruby installer" which you will find here:
http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl  there is the

after installing you should check if the *.exe of perl and ruby is in the default path. you can easily check in the command line by
   calling ruby --version
   and
   perl --version

To get the context scripts running they should also be in the default path (this given path is valid for my miktex installation, you probably have to change it)!
   C:\texmf\scripts\context\perl
   C:\texmf\scripts\context\ruby

I had to add them manually.

Regards