Hi Taco and Jérôme,

>> However, this seems rather far from the pdf manuals and does not
>> really help a newbie as I am.
>
> Definately it could be improved. In IT, almost everything is
> suboptimal starting the second after it's birth.

And it was the starting point of contextgarden (and my first web-app).

> Perhaps we should continue this discussion on the developers list,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> It is likely we will spend some other mails on this subject,
> and perhaps it is better not to clutter the general list. Anybody
> willing to discuss/help out can easily subscribe to that list
> (even if just for a while). Is that OK?

Good, but let me add a general remark first also on this list.

[...]

> It could also easily be backported to the XML data. Patrick?

yes. put that one on the todo list.

> Perhaps the examples could be fed through the Live ConTeXt, just like
> the wiki examples?

already on the todo list...

As my two answers imply, I already have a long todo list for texshow.
(I even have two translation updates from Mojca that I haven't
implemented yet - sorry). I hope that I will have some time between
Christmas and new year for texshow 2. Perhaps we should follow Taco's
suggestion to discuss more technical details on the underlying xml
description on the dev' list.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net