It compiles, but the figures should not be identical according to the Metafun manual, page 201.

On Dec 18, 2005, at 1:01 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

Hi David,

To me it looks like it does work, but perhaps I am not looking
at it correctly. Here is what I compiled:

  \setupcolors[state=start]
  \setupoutput[pdftex]
  \starttext
  \startMPgraphic
  draw unitsquare
    xscaled 5cm yscaled 1cm
    withpen pencircle scaled 2mm
    withcolor .625 red;
  \stopMPgraphic
  \hbox\bgroup
  \loadcurrentMPgraphic{width=5cm,height=1cm}\placeMPgraphic\quad
  \loadcurrentMPgraphic{width=8cm,height=1cm}\placeMPgraphic\egroup
  \stoptext

And I get a red outline around two rectangles next to eachother.
Does it crash for you?

Taco

David Arnold wrote:
All,
I've always wondered why this Metafun manual example doesn't work.