On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 07:16:31 -0700, Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In the short run, for Aleph's purposes, these declarations and much/most/all of the metainfo can be treated as "suggestions" for the otp designer to consider in implementing things. There is no need to treat them as something "holy".

in the near future pdftex will provide open type as well as hooks for input processing using lua, so you may as well end up rewriting your otp's in a more friendly language

At the risk of getting off topic: I know nothing about lua-) What makes it such a great tool? Why not just use, e.g., Ruby (less languages for me to learn->)?

But you are quite right: the otp language is a real bear...

Best
Idris