Hi

I've spent some time experimenting with LatinModern font. After all I was able to use it, but I found I hate it. 1) The have accents positioned in a ugly way (or at least, in a way not common in the Czech typesetting)
2) Some accents do no work, for instance \"o (at least this doesn't work:
   \loadmapfile[psclean.map]

don't use that one, context will load map files for you (like il2-.....)

it looks like you load the wrong map file

   \enableregime[il2]
   B\"ohm-Bawerk

Is there some way to get privately back to CS-Modern fonts? It seems these fonts are redefined to Latin Modern, so I can't use them. Please help.

you can take a look at type-old.tex, and copy the relevant mapping (il2)to a local typeface file and load that one (as long as you make sure that the definitions are seen last)

another option is to use a private map file (or a file with \pdfmaplines) that map the latin modern fonts to csr fonts (maybe a better options; the metrics that tex uses are the same anyway)

anyhow, a few remarks:

- at the last bachotek there was a talk about czech type design and one of the remarks was that fo rmany fonts this whole accent business was more a matter of taste than of quality (i will not quote the speaker on czech typesetting tradition here-) - if one goes open type (some day soon for tex) one has to live with some general design (consistent positioning among a large range) - computer modern was never designed with all those accented characters in mind, and it will probably never look real great (plr, csr, vnr all look kin dof bad unless printed on high resolutions) - as far as i've heard, there will be some compromis cooked up for cs in the next release of lm, and afaik after that the majority of cstug will adopt the font, so in the end .... - csr is a rather limited font since it only implements a small subset of il2 (same for pl0 which also implements a subset; such subsets are a nightmare for tex developers and stand in the way for future tex's, this is why the lm project was started ... we need to survive)

- just curious: do you always use cm fonts? there are other fonts with math nowadays